Updated on April 13, 2015
We finally got Torino’s nursery decorated and set up, and Torino moved into it.
We did a jungle theme. We got lots of animal wall stickers and decals and wha-lah. The Cornell grandparents sponsored about half of them, bless their hearts.
Some various random notes:
- There is a whole zoo’s worth of animal heads peeking from around the closet door and the window.
- The birds on the branch by the door are all funky jazz birds.
- The net hammock in the corner above the closet has 2 keep-sake stuffed animals that were made from Topher’s baby quilt, which was hand-made by Topher’s grandmother when he was a wee one.
- All Torino’s toys are in a cool giant caterpillar hamper (which you can’t see in any of the pictures).
- The monkey face rug is actually a bathmat.
- There are over 100 decals in this room.
- One of Torino’s favorite stickers is the “consumer safety” sticker on the end of his crib.
I think Serene secretly wishes our room were decorated with cartoon animal heads and monkeys swinging on vines too.
Once we got all the furniture in it suddenly looked much smaller, but also quite warm and cozy.